Sunday, August 15, 2010

stress

as I'm writing this, my Alex is playing the piano. 
Playing not practing! 
"Phantom of the Opera" is now in my head for the day. 
i love to hear her play, she truly enjoys it. Playing, not practicing!
hopefully, the practicing will happen.
Such a busy month and its not even half over.  Can I take a break???  Who did the scheduling???  Yes, I know it was me.  What was I thinking???  There's  a country song that goes,  "I know what I was feeling, but what was I thinking?"  That about explains it for me.  What was I thinking to take on a dance for the Stake dance festival?  Or plan the play to start auditions the 1st week of school?  How about a baby shower?  Sure, I got time. . after all, it is my grandchild we're talking about!  Let's get Hannah ready for her dorm, and nothing would please me more than to fly up there w/ her and get her settled!  LOVE IT!!  Teach primary, plan a special musical number, AND now we'll add to that - sew a baby quilt!!
Who does this to themselves??  Isn't it enough w/ the regular after school activities?  piano, violin, dance, skateboarding, horseback riding, mutual, yada yada yada!
the thing is I want to do all the things I've taken on.  Truly want to do them.  I just didn't think it through, I guess.  So, wish me well. . . .  pray for me and please. . . if you hear me mention that it would be really neat to have a halloween party w/ homemade scones, 
SHOOT ME!!!!!
really Alex, a birthday party??  sweetie- you'll just have to wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment